Last Updated on November 8, 2023 by Scott Allen
Adopting a Shih Tzu in Houston?
- Are you looking for your perfect Shih Tzu companion in Houston?
- You’ve come to the right place! Many wonderful rescue organizations and shelters provide special care for Shih Tzus and other animals.
- Let’s look at some of the best places to start looking when searching for Shih Tzu rescues in the Houston area.
Top 3 Shih Tzu Rescues in Houston, Texas
Shih Tzu Rescue & Adoption of Houston (Star)
- This non-profit organization has been rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming Shih Tzus since 1998.
- STAR is committed to ensuring all their dogs have a loving forever home, and they take great care to match each pup with an appropriate family.
- If you’d like to adopt one of their Shih Tzus, you can fill out an adoption application on their website.
- The SPCA has been around since 1924 and is one of the oldest animal welfare organizations in the nation.
- They have several locations throughout the city where potential adopters can meet cats and dogs, including Shih Tzus.
- All pets available for adoption through the SPCA have been spayed or neutered, microchipped, vaccinated, dewormed, and tested for heartworm before being placed with their new families.
- This organization works with members of the community as well as local animal shelters and rescue groups to promote animal welfare throughout Houston.
- Their goal is to find homes for homeless animals forever by providing public education about pet ownership and advocating humane legislation for needy animals.
- If you’re interested in adopting a Shih Tzu through this organization, you can view their available pets online or visit one of their partner shelters or rescue groups directly.
Adopting a pet can be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it can also be overwhelming if you don’t know where to start looking. Luckily, many wonderful organizations in Houston are dedicated to finding homes for homeless pets—including Shih Tzus!
Whether you’re interested in adopting from a shelter or a rescue group, these three organizations are some of the best places to start your search for your perfect furry friend! Good luck with your pet search!